Eligibility Criteria for Donating Plasma for COVID
- Blood group match for donor and recipient
- Donor should between 18-60 years
- Donor should be fit in all criteria for a blood donation – HIV HCV tests negative
- 12.5 and above hemoglobin is required
- Weight should be more than 55 KGs
- In females, only nulliparous females are accepted for plasma donation. Multiparous females cannot be a donor of plasma because these females have antibodies which can lead to TRALI.
- Hypertension should be under control
- If the donor has diabetes, they should not be on insulin
- Donor should not have any chronic disease like tuberculosis, Cirrhosis, Renal and other similar chronic diseases
- If the patient has tooth extraction, then they cannot donate for 6 months
- If on antibiotic, then there should be a 72 hours gap
- If someone has donated plasma, they can donate again after 2 weeks
- If the donor’s result of COVID test is negative and older than 14 days, there will be a re-test of the COVID and antibodies and after that the donor can donate the plasma
COVID Warriors – Plasma Donors
Plasma Request for COVID-19 Patients
If your relative or friend is in need of Plasma for treatment of COVID-19, please fill the form in the link given below and submit your request.
The details collected will be sent to Volunteer teams who are connecting patients with donors across Bangalore & Karnataka.
This form is a FREE Service by www.covidhelplinebangalore.com to connect Plasma needy to volunteer teams who will inturn help the Patient’s family connect with Blood Banks / Plasma Donors