Financial Assistance to Students, who have lost a Primary Earning Member to COVID-19, for the Continuation of Education
Kotak Mahindra Group (Kotak) today announced the launch of Kotak Shiksha Nidhi – an initiative to provide financial assistance to students who have lost a parent/parents and/or a primary earning family member to COVID-19, for the purposes of completing their education. Kotak Shiksha Nidhi is a collaborative CSR Project on Education & Livelihood of Kotak Mahindra Group companies, which is being implemented by Kotak Education Foundation (KEF).
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi is open only to Indian nationals. The application window opens today – 20th September, 2021 and KEF will accept application forms up to 31st March, 2022. Students who have lost a parent/parents and/or a primary earning member of the family from 1st April, 2020 onwards, and are studying in a government recognised State and Central Board or Indian University in any standard from the first grade to diploma or graduation (i.e. from age six years to 22 years) are eligible to apply.
Kotak Education Foundation has tied up with Buddy4Study^ – one of India’s largest scholarship platforms, to provide pan-India access to students interested in applying for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi.
Applications can be submitted online on Buddy4Study website.
- Students studying in schools and colleges across India falling under any of the below categories:
- Loss of both parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of one of the parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of the primary earning member of the family (other than parent) due to COVID-19
- Applicants must be school or college going students from 1st standard up to Diploma or Graduation (ages 6 years to 22 years).
Selection for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi:
- The selection of eligible students for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi and the extent of assistance under Kotak Shiksha Nidhi (financial assistance for school and college fees payment) will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
- Kotak Education Foundation will review the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi applications based on proofs of continuation of education, related expenses from school/junior college/college as may be the case, and valid proof of the loss of parent/parents/primary earning member of the family (other than parent) due to COVID-19.
- Includes Indian national students studying in schools and colleges in India.
- Includes school & college fees, library deposit, stationery and other continuation of education relevant expenses payable to school/college, hostel lodging & boarding expenses
- Excludes International boards such as IGCSE, IB, etc.
- For minor applicant (under 18 years): Minor applicant’s Aadhaar Card along with identity proof of the parent/guardian of the minor applicant: Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, PAN Card
- For applicants over 18 years: Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, PAN Card.
- Current academic year admission proof such as fee receipt/ bonafide letter/institution ID card/admission letter and mark sheet of previous class grade (optional)
- Death certificate of primary earning member(s), parent, parents
- Proof of death due to COVID-19 such as hospital receipt, doctor prescription, COVID-19 test report, medical bills for COVID-19 medication, hospital discharge summary, etc.
- Reference from two (2) persons who are aware of the family’s crisis (can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.), if required
- Bank account details of the applicant, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is above 18 years
- Bank account details of the applicant’s parent or guardian, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is a minor
- Passport size photograph of the applicant and the guardian.
For more details visit – https://kotakeducation.org/kotak-shiksha-nidhi/