In view of spread of variant of concern “Omicron” in the Country and State, the State Government proactively enforced additional containment measures. Karnataka is witnessing alarming rate of increase in the number of patients which is attributed mainly due to Omicron variant. The number of patients are getting doubled in less than 3 days and the number stood at 2053 cases as on 04th Jan 2022.
The following measures will come in to force from 10 pm 05-01-2022 and will remain in force force upto 19-01-2022 (5 am) for strict implementation
1. Night Curfew will continue to be imposed from 10 pm to 5 am in the entire State as per the existing guidelines.
2. All offices will function 5 days a week from Monday to Friday during this period.
3. The Government Secretariat will run with official below the rank of Under Secretary at 50% of the working strength.
4. There shall be weekend curfew from Friday 10 pm to Monday 5 am in the State as per the guidelines attached.
5. The Public transport including BMRCL will operate as per the directions of the Chief Executive of the organization to cater to the needs of people for emergent purposes during the weekend curfew.
6. In Bengaluru Urban district, all schools and colleges except, Medical and Para Medical will remain closed with effect from 06-01-2022 except class 10th, 11th and 12th.
7. Pubs/clubs/restaurants/bars/hotels/eating places in hotel etc, will function with 50% of the seating capacity strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behaviour and entry to such places will be restricted to
fully vaccinated persons
Read the complete guidelines in the PDF below