Covid Treatment Flowchart
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
- Noting the days of symptoms, fever charting, Pulse ox/ Resp. rate monitoring and timely admission can save many lives.
- Remdesivir should be used in patients with evident LRTI(moderate/severe) within 10 days of symptoms onset in admitted patients.
- IV Steroids are the lifesaving & should be used cautiously at a timely manner for short duration with strict R135(<200) control.
- Patients with 2x D dimer should be given S.0 LMWH (Enoxaparin). – NOT much role of plasma post 7 days of symptom onset (Don’t run for this).
- Tocilizumab is indicated in very few patients with markedly raised CRP/1L6 not responding to high dose steroids and rapid clinical deterioration.
- Don’t Run for lab tests and HRCT in early days of symptoms onset. Timely investigations will save resources and help in triage of admission.
- Patients with mild symptoms/ Asymptomatic in-home isolation for 14 days don’t need to repeat RTPCR to know the negative test result.
- Must Take vaccine, adequate immunity is only achieved after 1 month of successful completion of both doses, so don’t be superman too early.
- Must wear mask and maintain social distancing post vaccination too. People recovered from covid can take vaccine post 4-6 weeks.