- US City Has Just 6 ICU Beds Left Amid Delta Surge, Sends Out Public Alert
With ICU beds down to a single digit, Austin sounded the alarm Saturday, using its emergency alert system to let residents in the Texas capital city know that the local state of the pandemic is “dire.”
- France Implements President Macron’s Covid Health Pass Despite Protests
Paris: People in France will from Monday need to show a health pass to enjoy usually routine activities such as sipping a coffee in a cafe or travelling on an intercity train.
- Australia PM’s Ratings Hit Pandemic Lows Amid Lockdowns
Sydney: Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s public approval rating hit its lowest level since the pandemic began amid growing frustration over lockdowns and a sluggish vaccination drive, according to a poll published on Monday.
- Malaysia To Ease Covid Restrictions For Fully Vaccinated In Eight States
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Malaysia will ease coronavirus curbs for fully vaccinated people in states comprising about half the country, its premier said Sunday.
- California Wildfire Now Second-Worst In State History
Washington, United States: The monstrous Dixie Fire in northern California has grown to become the second-largest wildfire in state history, authorities said Sunday, with three people reported missing and thousands fleeing the advancing flames.
- US “Failing” On Covid: Top Health Official
Washington, United States: With the United States recording its highest daily Covid case load in six months, a top public health official warned Sunday that the country is “failing” in its battle to keep the coronavirus in check.
- Israel Sets Up Covid Rapid Test Stations Nationwide
Jerusalem, Undefined: Israel set up rapid coronavirus testing stations across the country on Sunday, the Magen David Adom emergency service said, as the government tries to stave off another pandemic lockdown.
- Moderna considers including Australian children in Covid-19 vaccine trial
The vaccine manufacturer Moderna is considering Australia as part of a clinical trial to test its Covid-19 vaccine in children.
- China reports more Covid-19 cases while some cities kick off new tests
BEIJING: China reported more Covid-19 cases as it entered the third week of its current outbreak
- Covid-19: Over a million students skip admissions in US
The findings show that 10,000 local public schools lost at least 20 per cent of their kindergartners in 2020.