- Global Covid deaths estimated to reach 5.3 million by December
The world will see 5.3 million reported deaths and 12 million excess fatalities by December as the delta variant drives a surge in Covid-19 cases.
- Unvaccinated people more than twice as likely to be reinfected with Covid: Study A study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that unvaccinated people are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with Covid-19 as fully vaccinated ones.
- Half of US population now fully vaccinated against Covid-19: White House
Half of the US population is now fully vaccinated against Covid-19, the White House said on Friday, as inoculations rise in response to the surging Delta variant of the novel coronavirus.
- SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies Remain Stable Or Increase 7 Months After Infection: Study
London: The levels of IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 remain stable, or even increase, seven months after infection, according to a study of healthcare workers published in the journal Nature Communications on Friday.
- Japan COVID-19 Cases Hit 1 Million Amid Olympics, Infections Spread Beyond Tokyo
Tokyo: Japan reached the milestone of one million coronavirus cases on Friday, domestic media reported, as infections surged in Olympic host Tokyo to other urban areas and the country grapples with an unprecedented speed of spread of the Delta variant. Read More
- Six EU states overtake UK Covid vaccination rates as Britain’s rollout slows
Six EU states have now fully inoculated a larger share of their total populations with a coronavirus vaccine than the UK, after the bloc’s dire initial rollout took off while Britain’s impressive early jab rate has slumped.
- US gave only 7.5 million doses of Covid vaccine to India, need to do more: Indian-American Congressman
The United States has so far allocated only 7.5 million doses of Covid vaccines to India, which is not enough, a top Indian-American Congressman said while urging the Biden administration to do more.
- Vaccinated or not: What you can do when COVID-19 measures ease from Aug 10
As more people get their COVID-19 jabs, Singapore is taking its next steps towards resuming more business and social activities – with greater easing of restrictions for people who are fully vaccinated. Read More
- Eager to continue partnership with India in fight against Covid: US
The Biden Administration is eager to continue the partnership with India in the fight against coronavirus and provide assistance in the form of vaccines, the White House said.
- China pledges 2 billion vaccines globally through year’s end
Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged 2 billion doses of Covid-19 vaccines would be supplied to the world through this year, increasing Chinas commitment as the largest exporter of the shots. Read More