- No Longer ‘Hidden Victims,’ Children Are Dying as Virus Surges in Indonesia Hundreds of children in Indonesia have died from the coronavirus in recent weeks, many of them under age 5, a mortality rate greater than that of any other country and one that challenges the idea that children face minimal risk from Covid-19, doctors say.
- UK Health Minister’s “Don’t Cower From” Covid Remark Sparks Outrage
London: British health minister Sajid Javid was accused of insulting coronavirus victims on Sunday after urging people to take a COVID-19 vaccine and “learn to live with, rather than cower from, this virus”.
- $1.4 Million Apartment, Tesla, Gold Bars – Vaccine Giveaways Get Flashier
When the Covid vaccination rollout started, the biggest material prize was an Instagramable sticker. Now in Hong Kong, you could potentially score a Tesla or even an apartment in the world’s most-expensive housing market.
- South Africa Has “Largely” Passed Peak Of Third Covid Wave: President
Johannesberg: South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday said the country had “largely” passed the peak of its third coronavirus wave and eased restrictions, including a ban on alcohol sales.
- Indonesia loosens Covid restrictions despite record deaths
Indonesia’s government has said small businesses and some shopping malls can reopen despite warnings that loosening curbs could spark another Covid wave.
- France passes law that makes special Covid-19 passports, vaccines mandatory
The French parliament on Monday approved a law that made special virus passports a part of daily life and vaccination mandatory for health workers as the nation continued its fight against a resurging coronavirus.
- Could Covid vaccine be taken as a pill?
Right now, protection against Covid-19 comes via an injection. But in future, those vaccines could come from inhalers or even pills. In a white, airy laboratory in Medicon Village, one of southern Sweden’s largest science parks, chemist Ingemo Andersson holds up a thin, plastic inhaler, half the size of a matchbox.
- Some Americans likely to need Covid-19 vaccine booster: Fauci
WASHINGTON: Top US infectious disease official Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that Americans who are immune compromised may end up needing Covid-19 vaccine booster shots
- Rage over Covid-19 lockdowns
Dozens of protesters were arrested after an unauthorised march in Sydney, with New South Wales police minister David Elliott branding those who took part as “morons”.
- Australia Covid: Anti-lockdown protesters condemned
Australian politicians have condemned protests against coronavirus restrictions amid a rise in cases. Thousands marched through Sydney on Saturday to demand an end to lockdown measures, with smaller demonstrations taking place in Melbourne and Brisbane.