- UK Warns Of Increased Risk Of Covid Reinfection With Delta Variant
London: UK health officials on Friday issued a warning of an increased risk of catching the Delta variant even if someone has had COVID-19 before and urged caution as further investigations remain ongoing.
- Moderna Vaccine For Children Aged 12-17 Approved By EU Watchdog
The Hague, Netherlands: The European medicines watchdog on Friday approved the use of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine for children aged 12 to 17, making it the second jab for adolescents for use on the continent.
- Vaccinated people make up 75% of recent Covid-19 cases in Singapore
While the data shows that vaccines are highly effective in preventing severe cases, it also underscores the risk that even those inoculated could be contagious.
- US reports outbreak of ‘untreatable’ fungus Candida auris. All you need to know
A cluster of 101 Candida auris cases detected at the Washington DC nursing home included three cases that were resistant to all three kinds of antifungal medications.
- US to receive additional 200 million Covid-19 vaccine doses from Pfizer-BioNTech
The US will get an additional 200 million doses of the Covid-19 shots by vaccine makers Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE, the companies said in a statement released on Friday.
- Australia’s drug regulator approves Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds
Australia’s drug regulator has approved Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for use with 12 to 15-year-olds, Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said on Friday, as the country fights an outbreak of the Delta variant in three states.
- Australia’s most populous state declares ‘national emergency’ over Covid outbreak
Australia’s most populous state has declared a “national emergency” as it struggles to contain a record-breaking surge of the Delta variant of Covid-19 amid a lockdown affecting half the country.
- Argentina threatens to cancel deal for Sputnik vaccine as Russia fails to deliver
Argentina’s gamble on the Sputnik V vaccine has left it in a “very critical situation” because of Russia’s failure to fulfill delivery commitments, according to an official letter to Moscow leaked on Thursday.
- China refuses further inquiry into Covid-19 origins in Wuhan lab
China’s government has refused to cooperate with the second stage of an international investigation into the origins of Covid-19, labelling a proposal to audit Chinese labs as “arrogance towards science”.
- Dozens of COVID cases linked to Olympic Games in Tokyo
Tokyo — There are more problems for the troubled Tokyo Olympics. The director of the opening ceremonies was fired just hours before the spectacle is scheduled to kick off. And despite reports that the Games could be canceled, officials said they are “currently proceeding as planned.”