- Canada had reported 1,421,451 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 5,076 considered active
The country’s COVID-19 death toll stood at 26,450. More than 43.4 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered so far across the country, according to a CBC News tally.
- Spain Surpasses 4 Million Coronavirus Cases Since Pandemic Began MADRID (Reuters) -Spain surpassed 4 million coronavirus cases since the pandemic began on Tuesday after adding 43,960 new cases, as the more contagious Delta variant drives a surge of infections among unvaccinated young people.
- Victoria Covid update: Jeroen Weimar ‘extremely frustrated’ as seven new cases reported in Melbourne
The head of Victoria’s coronavirus response says he is “extremely frustrated” by delays in getting information from Sydney removalists who worked in Melbourne while infectious, as his state reports seven new positive cases.
- Russia Sets Another Pandemic High With 780 Covid Deaths In A Day Moscow: Russia on Tuesday set another record for coronavirus-related deaths over a 24-hour period, despite efforts from authorities to slow a rampant third wave of infections. A government tally reported 780 pandemic fatalities and 24,702 new cases.
- Covid outbreak among vaccinated Vegas hospital workers underscores Delta risks
An outbreak of Covid-19 among vaccinated staffers at a Las Vegas hospital has highlighted the risks posed by the Delta variant in the US, as Nevada struggles with rising Covid cases and stagnating vaccination rates.
- Covid origins: Australia’s role in the feedback loop promoting the Wuhan lab leak theory
Blanket reporting in News Corp papers has been denigrated for relying on dubious sources – yet the theory itself has taken on new life .An exclusive investigation can reveal the Five Eyes intelligence agencies of Australia, Canada, NZ, UK and US, are understood to be looking closely at the work of a senior scientist at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Peng Zhou, as they examine whether Covid-19 originated from a wet market or whether the naturally-occurring virus may have been released from the level four laboratory in Wuhan that was studying deadly coronavirus pathogens from bats,” Sharri Markson’s story read.
- Indonesia’s Covid Cases Surge Past India, Marking New Covid Epicenter
Indonesia surpassed India’s daily Covid-19 case numbers, marking a new Asian virus epicenter as the spread of the highly contagious delta variant drives up infections in Southeast Asia’s largest economy.
- Coronavirus Cases Increasing in Majority of States
Coronavirus cases are rising in the majority of states as the delta variant continues to spread across the country. While infection numbers in the U.S. are much lower than they were during the worst peaks of the pandemic, the country is still seeing an uptick in cases.
- Thailand Defends Mixing Covid Shots After WHO Warns Against “Dangerous Trend”
Bangkok: Thailand on Tuesday defended mixing two different COVID-19 vaccines to battle a surge in infections, after the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s top scientist warned that it was a “dangerous trend” not backed by evidence.
- Chinese City Using Facial Recognition Tech To Fight Coronavirus
Beijing: Facial recognition tech linked to personal health codes has been rolled out in a Chinese city bordering Myanmar as authorities seek to squash a coronavirus outbreak. Read More