- Cases inch up, K’taka set to decide new guidelines today
The state cabinet will decide on Thursday the fresh guidelines amid marginal increase in new Covid-19 cases and threat of the Omicron variant.
- 6 docs among 10 +ve since Nov 29 at city med college
In continuing breakthrough infections, 10 healthcare workers, including six doctors, from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre in Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP) Mahadevapura zone tested positive for Covid-19 since November 29.
- Omicron scare: Authorities, experts rule out O2 crisis
Experts believe industries will not need to divert oxygen for medical use as they did during the second wave of Covid-19, despite the emergence of Omicron, the new coronavirus variant of interest.
- Set up designated facilities for Omicron-infected: Govt
In the wake of the detection of Omicron cases in some states, the Centre has asked their governments to earmark separate isolation areas for all patients, infected with the new coronavirus variant, in designated Covid treatment facilities.
- Low mortality in breakthrough infections irrespective of vax
In a finding that would help boost confidence in vaccines, a study has revealed that people hospitalised with breakthrough infection after taking either Covishield or Covaxin have a similar outcome — a very low mortality rate.
- WHO: Omicron in 57 nations, hospitalisations likely to rise
The Omicron variant has been reported in 57 nations and the number of patients needing hospitalisation is likely to rise as it spreads, the WHO said on Wednesday.
- Covid cases among kids rise amid after-school violations
Since the start of October, 4,145 children have been officially diagnosed with Covid-19 across Karnataka, with older children seeing sharper increases in infections since the reopening of all classrooms, as per state government data.
- Over 6k samples sent for genome sequencing in 5 months: Sudhakar
Karnataka accounts for nearly 10% of the total Covid-19 positive samples that were sent for genome sequencing in the country in the last five months, according to the latest data.
- UK PM issues work from home guidance to curb Covid variant
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson tightened pandemic rules to curb the spread of the Omicron variant, advising people to work from home and mandating the use of so-called vaccine passports in large venues.
- Oz detects new version of Omicron
Australia’s Queensland state has found a new Omicron lineage in a traveller who arrived from South Africa, health authorities said on Wednesday.