- COVID-19 vaccine doses cross 70 crore, says Health Ministry
The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country crossed the 70 crore mark on Tuesday. The last 10 crore doses were given in just 13 days, the fastest so far, the Union Health Ministry said.
- Defer travel to Kerala till October-end, says Karnataka
The Karnataka government has urged people to defer their plans to visit Kerala till October-end, if there is no emergency, in the light of the COVID-19 situation in the neighbouring State.
- It cannot be business as usual once schools reopen: Report
With lower primary schools closed from March 2020 due to the pandemic, various studies and surveys, including the ASER report published on Monday, have highlighted learning loss among students.
- Three sub-lineages of Delta variant found in 298 samples in city
Three sub-lineages of the Delta variant of the novel coronavirus, including AY.4 and AY.12, have been found in the 298 samples of Bengaluru residents genomically sequenced in the last three weeks.
- Diabetes most predominant co-morbidity among Bengalureans
Diabetes is the predominant co-morbidity among residents of Bengaluru, according to the BBMP’s door-to-door health survey. Diabetes is so common that it dwarfs all other co-morbidities put together.
- 8 months into drive, Covaxin supplies yet to pick up
As India touched the milestone of administering 70 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines on Tuesday, the shortage of Covaxin eight months into the campaign has emerged as a source of concern, raising questions on the manufacturer’s and the Centre’s claim of ramped-up production of the home-grown shot.
- BBMP cuts short Ganesha festivities to three days
Two days after the state government relaxed rules for celebrating the Ganesha festival and permitted five days of festivities, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) on Tuesday reduced it to three days.
- Panacea supplies 1 mn Sputnik V doses
Indian pharma and vaccine major Panacea Biotec has supplied the first batch of the Russian-made coronavirus vaccine, Sputnik V, manufactured in India for distribution and sale locally, the company announced on Tuesday.
- Study: Antibodies less effective against Delta variant of coronavirus
In comparison to the Delta variant, which was first found in India, the Alpha variant (first found in the UK) triggered only a 2.3-fold drop in potency of antibodies drawn from recovered Covid-19 patients.
- Cuba first in the world to give jabs to 2-yr-olds
Havana : Cuba on Monday became the first country in the world to vaccinate children from the age of two against Covid-19, using home-grown jabs that are yet to be recognized by the World Health Organization.