- Govt orders containment steps amid Covid spike
Alarmed over the spike in Covid-19 cases, the state government on Friday authorised Bengaluru civic body’s chief commissioner and deputy commissioners of the districts to impose “additional containment measures” based on local assessment of the situation. Read More
- Vaccine milestone eclipsed: State administers three crore doses
Karnataka’s Covid-19 vaccination coverage eclipsed a major milestone on Friday, with health staff administering more than three crore doses. The Co-Win portal which records such data showed the state had administered 3,00,12,137 Covid-19 vaccine doses as at 8pm. Read More
- CBSE: B’luru region bags 4th place with 99.83% A record 99.83% students from Bengaluru region cleared the Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 exams, whose results were announced on Friday. At the all-India level, Bengaluru region secured the fourth place.
- Number of micro-containment zones rises to 108
BBMP officials on Friday notified a further eight apartment clusters in Mahadevapura as micro-containment zones after these apartments reported more than three Covid cases. This takes the total tally to 108. It had breached the 100 mark on Thursday
- Kerala Covid surge: CM for strict border checks
With the alarming spike in Covid-19 cases in neighbouring Kerala, the Karnataka government has decided to tighten checks in the border districts — including furnishing of Covid-negative certificates — and enforce mandatory testing besides stepping up the vaccination drive. The state will also begin screening of passengers arriving in trains from Kerala.
- Delta spreads as easily as chickenpox: says US CDC
The Delta variant of Covid-19 spreads as easily as chickenpox with a transmission rate up to nine times more than the original strain, the US CDC has revealed.
- Covaxin shortage leaves those waiting for 2nd dose worried
A shortage of Covaxin doses in Dharwad district has left those seeking the second dose in a quandary. For Covaxin, the second shot falls due after 28 days and many have already waited out the interval.
- COVID-19: Two coastal districts make up more cases than Bengaluru Urban
Increasing COVID-19 cases in the coastal districts of Udupi and Dakshina Kannada, overtaking Bengaluru Urban over the last few days, has been a matter of concern.
- 2nd wave scenario: Ambulance queues, breathless patients
An acute shortage of ICU beds for those critically ill, patients dying in general wards and people with acute breathlessness seeking treatment while the disease was in advanced stages were common scenes at all Covid-19 hospitals in Bengaluru during the peak of the second wave of infections in April and May.
- Covid-19 aid: HC asks state to modify BPL rider
The High Court of Karnataka on Friday said the state government may consider modifying the condition that mandates producing below poverty line (BPL) card to avail Rs 2,000 Covid-19 assistance.