- Classes 6-8 to start from Sept 6 on alternate days
The state government on Monday decided to allow physical classes for 6th to 8th standard from September 6 as authorities relied on the “success” of the earlier decision to reopen classes 9-12.
- State to jab 2 cr people a month from Sept
Karnataka will administer 1.5 crore to two crore Covid vaccines every month from September. Every day, five lakh doses will be given. In addition, every Wednesday
- Mandatory vaccination diktat draws both praise and flak
Municipal authorities’ decision to make vaccination mandatory for all employees of commercial establishments has drawn both praise and flak for “forcing” vaccination upon people.
- After 22 weeks, state’s daily Covid cases drop below 1,000-mark
Karnataka on Monday reported less than 1,000 new cases for the first time in the second Covid wave. It reported 973 cases, a first since March 15 this year when 932 cases were reported.
- Kerala reports 19k new Covid cases, 132 deaths
Thiruvananthapuram : Kerala on Monday reported 19,622 new Covid cases with a test positivity rate (TPR) of 16.17 per cent after 117,261 samples were tested, and 132 deaths, the state health ministry said.
- Schools can function in shifts if they do not have adequate classrooms
With the State government deciding to reopen classes VI to VIII from next Monday, Primary and Secondary Education Minister B.C. Nagesh spoke to The Hindu.
- Karnataka to impose week-long institutional quarantine on those entering from Kerala
The Karnataka government Monday stated that it will impose a week-long institutional quarantine on those entering from Kerala, in the wake of the high Covid-19 positivity rate in the neighbouring state.
- Karnataka to administer 10 lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccine every Wednesday
Government wants Bengaluru to be first city in India where entire population is fully vaccinated.
- Hospitals not prepared to take load of pediatric patients: Dr Naresh Trehan on schools reopening
Dr Naresh Trehan on schools reopening and covid 19 pandemic. From the point of view of medical preparedness
- Rise In Covid Cases In Some States Indicates 3rd Wave: Medical Body ICMR
Head of Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Dr Samiran Panda, said on Monday that the states which did not face an intense second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.