- India logs 14,348 new Covid-19 cases, nearly 2K cases lower than yesterday
As many as 12,84,552 Covid-19 tests were conducted on Thursday, taking the total number of tests conducted so far to 60,58,85,769. India recorded 14,348 new cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the last 24 hours, which is nearly 2,000 cases lower than those on Thursday, according to the Union ministry of health and family welfare on Friday.
- K’taka witnesses spurt in Covid infections after brief lull
Karnataka on Thursday witnessed a spurt in new coronavirus cases and fatalities with 478 fresh infections and 17 deaths being reported, taking the caseload and death toll to 29,87,313 and 38,054.
- Vaccination is key to revival of tourism: Minister
Union minister G Kishan Reddy on Thursday said that there can be no bigger confidence booster for revival of tourism than widespread vaccination coverage against Covid-19.
- 39 students of residential school in Kodagu test positive for COVID-19
At least 41 people, including 39 students of a residential school at Galibeedu in Madikeri taluk of Kodagu district, have tested positive for COVID-19 in a cluster outbreak.
- Kerala registers 7,738 fresh Covid cases; death toll crosses 30,000
A day after it registered an uptick in daily fresh cases, Kerala on Thursday witnessed a decline, reporting 7,738 new COVID-19 infections and 708 related deaths which raised the caseload to 49,37,135 and the toll to 30,685.
- Report: 10% rise in suicides, accidental deaths down 11%
new Delhi : How did the Covid-19 pandemic affect accidental deaths and suicides in India? The 2020 National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report released on October 28 confirms intuitive wisdom on this question. While the number of road accidents and associated deaths fell sharply, suicides saw a large increase.
- 17 cases of Delta variant AY.4.2 reported in India
Amid third Covid wave scare, as many as 17 cases of the Delta variant AY.4.2 strain, which is spreading rapidly in the United Kingdom, has emerged in India. These samples were collected between May, September 2021. A total of 19,466 sequences were submitted from India to GISAID for the same time period.
- MHA extends COVID-19 restrictions till November 30 in view of upcoming festivities
The Ministry of Home Affairs announced on October 28 that it has decided to extend the COVID-19 restrictions across the country till November 30 to prevent any further spread of the coronavirus pandemic during the festive season.
- Global numbers of Covid cases and deaths rise for the first time in 2 months, WHO says
Global numbers of Covid-19 cases and deaths are increasing for the first time in two months as the virus surges across Europe, World Health Organization officials said at a briefing Thursday.
- UK To Remove Last 7 Countries From COVID-19 Travel “Red List”
The seven countries which will be removed from the list from Nov. 1 are Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru and Venezuela. Britain’s chief medical officers ruled that they were no longer of concern
- Actor Puneeth Rajkumar hospitalized
Power Star Puneeth Rajkumar, who is one of the leading actors in Sandalwood, is hospitalized today morning at Vikram hospital in Bengaluru. The actor has been receiving treatment at the Intensive Care Unit.