Latest news

Covid 19 Top 10 News Updates for Bangalore – 26 July 2021

  1. Bengaluru virus tally lowest in 5 months
    Bengaluru, which heralded the fifth edition of unlock by reopening places of worship and amusement parks from Sunday, has reported 165 fresh Covid infections in the past 24 hours — a five-month low. The city had recorded 127 cases on Feb 8. Three Covid deaths were reported from the city.
    Read More
  2. Patients discharged early rush back to hospitals in Bengaluru
    Instead of patients with post-Covid complications landing up at the post-Covid clinic of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases (RGICD), those who were discharged prematurely from smaller private hospitals, and on whom steroids were arbitrarily used, are turning up.
    Read More
  3. Proportion of child Covid cases rises in Karnataka
    An increase in the proportion of child Covid-19 cases over the last three weeks has pediatricians and other medical professionals watching developments closely.
    Read More
  4. Only 67% of those eligible take second vaccine dose
    Of the 84.7 lakh people who were scheduled to receive the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine by July 23 (morning), only 67% or 56.7 lakh have been fully inoculated. The government is now making efforts to track down the remaining 33% or 27.9 lakh and administer the dose on priority. This group includes healthcare workers and frontline workers and people above 18 years of age.
    Read More
  5. 2nd wave not over, Covid-19 can strike again if we lower guard: Health Ministry
    Community Radio Stations (CRS) were asked to continuously remind listeners about the need to strictly follow Covid Appropriate Behaviour (CAB) as the second wave is still not over and the virus can strike back as soon society ignores health.
    Read more
  6. Personal finances to treat Covid-19 outstripped government spending
    In contrast, the Indian government spent an estimated Rs 2,10,977 million in support of Covid-19 patients, either through its healthcare quota for patients or the PMJAY fund.  The findings were made by the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) .
    Read more
  7. Physical classes to resume today in degree colleges in Karnataka
    Higher education institutions, including degree colleges, will reopen in the state on Monday, and students vaccinated with at least one dose can attend offline classes. The state has managed to inoculate 74 per cent of its student population above the age of 18.
    Read More
  8. Millions of Covid vaccine doses for India: Blinken
    The United States has millions of anti-Covid-19 vaccines ready to be despatched to India, President Joe Biden’s Secretary of State Antony Blinken said ahead of his visit to New Delhi. Read More
  9. Covid-19 can infect embryos, result in miscarriages: Study
    Mumbai : Embryos as old as five days can develop receptors that are known to provide an easy passage to Sars-CoV-2 virus, which causes Covid-19, according to a new study conducted by the Indian Council of Medical Research and National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (ICMR-NIRRH) on 45 human embryos donated after in-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures at fertility clinics. Read More
  10. Over 9k children trafficked during pandemic: Report
    New Delhi : Dilbar was on his way to Delhi along with 16 other children from West Bengal in August 2020 when some activists spotted them in Bihar and sounded out the authorities about a possible case of child trafficking. When the train stopped at Delhi’s Anand Vihar station, the police and members of a child rights foundation were waiting to rescue them.
    Read More
Related Articles