- Positive immune response six months after vaccination, finds study
A study to assess the need for a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine taken up at the State-run Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences in Bengaluru has found that 99% of a group of 250 healthcare workers, who received their second dose in February, showed positive antibody response even six months later.
- ICMR stops use of ivermectin, HCQ for COVID-19 treatment
The Indian Council of Medical Research-led COVID-19 National Task Force has dropped the use of the drugs ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) from the revised “clinical guidance for management of adult COVID-19 patients”.
- China central bank declares all crypto transactions illegal
China’s central bank on Friday declared all transactions involving Bitcoin and other virtual currencies illegal, stepping up a campaign to block use of unofficial digital money.
- Ruckus over NEP ends 10-day Karnataka assembly session
Bengaluru : The Karnataka legislative assembly witnessed a ruckus on Friday, the last day of the 10-day monsoon session, with the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) trading charges over the National Education Policy (NEP) and the Opposition party demanding an extension of the session to discuss issues.
- ASHA, anganwadi workers protest in Bengaluru demanding minimum wage and employee benefits
Demanding minimum wage and employee benefits, Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA), anganwadi, mid-day meal and other scheme workers protested at different locations in Bengaluru on Friday as part of an all-India strike.
- Severe viral fever among children a new worry for doctors in Hubballi
An increasing number of viral fever cases and their severity has been worrying doctors in Hubballi. In the past two months, around 250 children were admitted to KIMS Hospital with severe symptoms.
- Three injured as boiler explodes inside a chemical factory in Anekal
At least three workers of a Chemical factory in Attibele in Karnataka were injured following a chemical boiler blast on Friday evening. The incident is reported in Attibele Industrial Area in the southeastern part of Bengaluru.
- Earthquake Of 5.2 Magnitude Strikes Andaman & Nicobar
An earthquake of magnitude 5.2 on the Richter scale struck near Campbell Bay in Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday night, as per the National Centre for Seismology (NCS).
- Karnataka Allows 100% Occupancy In Theatres, Pubs In These Districts Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on Friday announced that 100 per cent occupancy will be allowed in theatres and pubs in districts having less than 1 per cent positivity rate. Read More
- US, UK see rise in Covid-19 deaths as Delta variant wreaks havoc
The increasing number of deaths have filled hospitals, complicated the start of the school year and delayed return to offices in the United State, reports AP.