- RT-PCR can predict Covid severity: IISc study
Nasal swab samples collected for RT-PCR testing are not just useful to diagnose if a patient is Covid-positive or negative but can also help in predicting the severity of the disease, according to researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
- Develop cadre for mental healthcare
Covid-19 pandemic has taken a toll on mental health and there was an urgent need to develop a cadre of trained psycho-social support providers, the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) said in a report.
- Karnataka becomes first state to implement NEP
Karnataka on Monday became the first state in the country to kickstart admissions to higher education courses under the Centre’s ambitious National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. Union Minister for Education Dharmendra Pradhan launched the programme virtually from New Delhi.
- Comorbid kids will be first to get shots
New Delhi : Children with comorbidities will be given priority in the vaccination drive for those below the age of 18, the chairman of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI), NK Arora, said on Monday.
- Poor attendance in high schools, PU colleges on day one
The attendance in high schools and Pre-University (PU) colleges was poor on day one when offline classes resumed after a gap of five months. These classes were closed in March due to the second wave of COVID-19 infections.
- Bengaluru Urban records zero deaths after months
Bengaluru Urban district, which had become Karnataka’s epicentre of COVID-19 with spiralling cases and fatalities in the past, reported zero deaths after several months.
- Over 1.6cr haven’t got second shot after 16-week max gap
At least 1.6 crore people in India are yet to get a second shot of the Covid vaccine 16 weeks after their first, the longest recommended gap between two shots.
- Air India flight with 78 people evacuated from Afghanistan to land in Delhi soon
As many as 78 people, including 25 Indian nationals, are being brought to New Delhi from Tajikistan’s Dushanbe in a special Air India flight on Tuesday, according to the ministry of external affairs (MEA).
- 25,467 New Covid Cases In India, Marginally Higher Than Yesterday
New Delhi: India reported 25,467 new Covid cases in the past 24 hours, slightly higher than yesterday’s 25,072, taking the total infections to over 3.24 crore.
- Covid antibody that protects against broad range of variants identified
Researchers have identified an antibody that is highly protective at low doses against a wide range of variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus which causes Covid-19.