- India may utilise only half of vax produced in December
India is likely to have a large surplus of Covid vaccines by December end as 15.63 crore doses are estimated to be required in the month for adult population, whereas production capacities are rising steadily, an official source said.
- No scientific proof to support need for booster dose: ICMR
There is no scientific evidence so far to support the need for a booster vaccine dose against Covid-19, ICMR director general Balram Bhargava said on Monday, underlining the completion of second dose for India’s adult population is the government’s priority for now.
- Over 117 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in India so far
The vaccination drive has been ramped up through the availability of more vaccines, advanced visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them and streamlining the vaccine supply chain
- Vaccine Plan For Children, Booster Doses Within 2 Weeks: Sources
COVID-19 inoculation for children is among several important points to be discussed at a meeting of the government’s top advisory group on immunisation in the next two weeks, sources have said.
- 29 students at Telangana residential school get COVID-19, officials on alert
As many as 29 students of a government-run residential school and junior college for girls in Telangana’s Khammam district have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing panic among the parents and teachers.
- SC slams Gujarat for forming panel to scrutinise Covid compensation claims
The Supreme Court on Monday slammed the Gujarat government for setting up a scrutiny committee for the disbursal of ex gratia compensation to families of Covid-19 victims, in deviation from its judgement.
- Digital divide due to pandemic a concern in J&K
While the pandemic made smartphones the most effective tool for education, its unavailability to 60% of school-going children in Jammu and Kashmir has raised concerns about the digital divide.
- Australia to welcome vaccinated foreign students, workers
Australia on Monday announced easing of its strict pandemic-related travel restrictions from next month, a decision that is expected to help thousands of Indian students return to the country.
- Covid freeze: Austria locks down, Germany warns all to get vaxxed
Austria became on Monday the first country in western Europe to reimpose lockdown since vaccines were rolled out, shutting non-essential shops, bars and cafes as surging caseloads raised the prospect of a third winter in deep freeze for the continent.
- US hospitals at ‘breaking point’ as Covid-19 rebounds in multiple areas
The United States is currently seeing a rebound in coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases, reported the Bloomberg news agency, adding that the surge is driven by the fast-spreading Delta variant, which has taken a toll on the country’s already-stressed healthcare system despite the relatively widespread availability of vaccines.