- Omicron grounds Dec 15 plan to resume regular int’l flights
Regular international flights to and from India are unlikely to resume from December 15, as originally scheduled, due to uncertainty over the impact of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 on the course of the pandemic, the country’s civil aviation regulator said on Wednesday.
- K’taka to test only passengers from ‘at-risk’ countries
Lambasted for not aligning with the Centre’s travel guidelines, the Karnataka government on Wednesday dropped its rules requiring ‘all’ international passengers to mandatorily undergo RT-PCR tests on arrival and to home-quarantine themselves for seven days.
- Crowding, chaos as mandatory Covid test stumps int’l flyers arriving at KIA
Confusion and chaos prevailed at Kempegowda International Airport on Wednesday morning. Reason: The new Covid-19 protocol that kicked in for passengers from countries categorised “at risk” in the wake of concerns over Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
- 67.3% of eligible population in Karnataka fully vaccinated
With the State having administered nearly 9,23,690 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine till 7.30 p.m. on Wednesday during the weekly ‘Lasika Utsav’ campaign, over 67.3% of the 4,50,61,519 who have taken the first dose in the State have been fully vaccinated so far.
- Karnataka rules out penalties on those who have not taken COVID-19 vaccine
Karnataka Health and Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar has ruled out the possibility of withdrawing government benefits or levying penalties for people who have not taken a vaccine against COVID-19.
- Student tests positive for Covid, Hubballi school shut till Dec 4
A class 9 student of a school at Adarsh Nagar in the city has tested positive for Covid-19, prompting the management to declare holiday for the school till December 4.
- Omicron scare lengthens queues for vaccine second dose
News of the Omicron variant has led to people queuing up to take the second dose of the Covid vaccine. Among those turning up for vaccinations are scores of ordinary people asking about booster shots, officials said.
- Vulnerable should put off travel: WHO
The WHO said on Tuesday that those not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including people over 60 years of age, who are also vulnerable to the disease should put off travel to areas with community transmission.
- Maha defers RT-PCR test for domestic fliers after govt’s advisory
Mumbai : A day after it issued orders for stricter air travel curbs amid fears of the new variant of SARS-CoV-2, Omicron, the Maharashtra government on Wednesday deferred the mandatory negative RT-PCR test for domestic travellers.
- US, others toughen travel rules; Omicron in 25 countries now
The US ordered airlines to hand over the names of passengers from southern African countries hit by the Omicron Covid-19 variant and other countries tightened their borders as a European leader urged people to “prepare for the worst”.