- India’s first household health screening survey begins in city
The BBMP’s door-to-door survey and health check-up to determine the general health of residents kicked off on Monday.
- SoPs for reopening of schools announced
As high schools are set to reopen from August 23 in districts where the positivity rate is less than 2%, the Department of Primary and Secondary Education has announced the schedule for classes and released the standard operating procedures (SoPs). The classes will be held in the morning for half a day.
- Unable to conduct both online and offline classes: Schools
With high schools and PU colleges all set to reopen on August 23, the State government has directed all schools and PU colleges to conduct both offline as well as online classes so that students can opt for either. However, most private school managements and PU colleges say that it will be difficult to conduct both classes as it would be a huge expense.
- 2.89 cr. doses available with States: govt
Nearly 3,250 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered to those who have been recorded on the CoWIN portal as people with disabilities. Additionally, 1.87 lakh vaccine doses have been administered to prisoners across the country.
- 10% of Covid tests to focus on 0-19 group
The Karnataka government is set to conduct 10% of daily tests on the 0-19 years age group as part of its strategy to prevent a possible third wave of Covid-19 infections.
- Schools reopen in Andhra with Covid-19 guidelines
Vijayawada : Schools in Andhra Pradesh reopen for the current academic year on Monday following all the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Over 55 crore Covid doses administered in India: Govt
India crossed another milestone with total of over 55 crore doses of anti-Covid jabs administered so far while daily vaccinations increased significantly to 86.29 lakh doses given till 10 pm on Monday.
- Global supply chains are being battered by fresh Covid surges
Asia’s renewed surge in Covid-19 infections is compounding supply-chain blockages across the world’s biggest source of manufactured goods.
- Weddings, funerals, Covid clusters in Karnataka districts
Though the number of Covid-19 infections in the state has marginally decreased, the formation of clusters in some districts is worrying health officials. Experts say that such clusters can lead to an increase in cases in no time, especially with the Delta variant in circulation in the state.
- Experts against reopening of schools in Kodagu as kids make up 62% of active COVID-19 cases
MADIKERI: Kodagu district administration officials have been ordered to bring the COVID positivity rate in the district to below 2% to enable reopening of schools above 9th grade. However, children make up over 62% of active COVID cases in the district, leaving parents worried over the potential reopening of schools.