- India records 40,120 new Covid-19 infections, active cases fall to 385,227
India recorded 40,120 new cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the last 24 hours, which pushed the nationwide tally to 32,117,826, and its death toll climbed to 4,30,254 with 585 daily fatalities, according to the Union ministry of health and family welfare on Friday
- Govt. bans gatherings, public observation of festivals
Considering that COVID-19 cases are seeing an upward trend in some districts and with the festival season from August to October, the State government has ordered a ban on large-scale social, political, religious, and cultural congregation of people.
- CM: Vaccinate people living on borders with Kerala on priority
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai here on Thursday directed the Dakshina Kannada administration to vaccinate eligible people living within a 10-km radius on the borders with Kerala, on priority.
- New cases: DK tops for third day in a row
For the third consecutive day, Dakshina Kannada district, bordering Kerala, topped the daily COVID-19 cases in Karnataka. With 475 new cases, Dakshina Kannada outnumbered Bengaluru Urban which reported 321 cases.
- No significant rise in fresh cases among kids under 9 years
In the past week (August 5 to 11), a total 143 children in the age group 0-9 years tested positive for Covid-19 in Bengaluru. The figure translates to about 5.6% of the total 2,552 cases reported in Karnataka’s capital during the period.
- Will order industries to buy doses, inoculate staff: CM
Chief minister Basavaraj Bommai on Thursday said he would soon issue orders asking all medium and large industries, the banking sector and other business institutions, to step up vaccination coverage among staff and employees.
- Yadgir: No vaccine, no rations: Bid to ramp up coverage draws flak
In a controversial decision aimed at ramping up Covid-19 vaccination coverage in the district, Yadgir deputy commissioner Ragapriya R allegedly instructed staff at a review meeting on Monday to stop supply of free rations to people resisting the shot.
- Schools, PU colleges gear up to reopen
The preparation to reopen schools and PU colleges in the city are going on in full swing. Karnataka chief minister Basavaraj Bommai announced last Friday that classes from 9 to 12 can resume in alternate batches from August 23.
- WHO forms new expert group to continue studies into origins of Covid-19
WHO has said that the next step in the search of the origins of Covid-19 will be the creation of a new advisory group that will develop a global framework to study pathogens with pandemic potential
- Soon, Covid-19 may become childhood disease like common cold: Study
In the next few years, coronavirus will act like a normal cold, affecting only children who have not been vaccinated, new research has revealed.