- Maha & Kerala travellers can show vax cert to enter Karnataka
Travellers from Maharashtra and Kerala, who had to furnish a negative RT-PCR report to enter Karnataka, can alternatively produce a vaccination certificate. The state will soon issue an additional order, in view of increasing vaccination in both states.
- BBMP targeting 70% vaccination coverage by July-end
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has set an ambitious target of vaccinating at least 70% of the adult population by the end of July. In a few days, 50% of the adult population in the city will be vaccinated against COVID-19. Read More:
- Covid-19 cases drop but Bengaluru ICU numbers on the higher side
The number of daily Covid-19 cases in Bengaluru has seen a dramatic 97% decline since the second wave peaked in April. But, the number of ICU cases has been less quick to fall, data shows. Read More:
- Karnataka’s rural vax coverage leaves a lot to be desired.
Karnataka is among states with the lowest rural Covid-19 vaccination coverage in south India though a significant number of its vaccination centres are in rural areas, where the government seeks to expand the inoculation effort’s protective umbrella ahead of an anticipated third wave. Read More:
- Vaccine for kids to pave way for school reopening
New Delhi, PTI: Making Covid-19 vaccine available for children will be a milestone achievement and pave the way for reopening of schools and resumption of outdoor activities for them, AIIMS chief Dr Randeep Guleria said. Read More:
- Decision on reopening schools likely today
The government is likely to take a decision about reopening schools for physical classes on Monday. Read More:
- Flights from Hubballi to Mumbai, B’luru from July 1.
Direct flights from Hubballi to Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Goa and Cochin, which were cancelled in view of the Covid-19 pandemic, will resume from July 1. Read more:
- BBMP gears up for home vaccination
As the state braces for the third Covid wave, the Palike is preparing to take vaccination to people’s doorsteps to increase the coverage. Read more:
- Plasma therapy works if done on right candidate at initial stage of Covid-19: KIMS study
Even as the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) dropped plasma therapy from Covid treatment protocol, a study conducted at Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Hubballi, has established that plasma therapy can be beneficial if it is administered in the initial stage on right candidates and if not considered as last resort of reviving the patients. Read more:
- Delta Plus: Minister says 600 samples sent for genomic testing
The government has sent 600 samples for genomic testing to assess the prevalence of the new Delta Plus variant of the Coronavirus, Health and Medical Education Minister Dr K Sudhakar said on Sunday. Read More: