- Karnataka to jab 20L college students & staff by July 1st week
Students aged above 18 years and enrolled in a degree and post-graduate colleges in the state will be given Covid-19 vaccination on their campuses soon. The state has about 20 lakh students and under-45 college staffers.
- Goa unlock: Both Covid vaccine doses, RT-PCR report must for tourists
Goa will make it must for tourists to be fully vaccinated with both doses and carry a Covid negative RTPCR report. “We will make them mandatory for the first 3 months,” said a minister.
- Karnataka Bengaluru Live Updates: State reports 3979 fresh cases, 969 from Bengaluru Urban alone
Karnataka Bengaluru Coronavirus (Covid-19) Latest News Live Updates: As of Thursday, the top three districts in the state in terms of cumulative infections are Bengaluru Urban (12 lakh), Mysuru (1.64 lakh) and Tumakuru (1.14 lakh).
- Will there be a third Covid wave in India, and when?
Experts say practicing appropriate social distancing and vaccinating enough people can help mitigate the impact of a third wave
- Is Bengaluru in for booster doses and mixed vaccines?
With experts talking about the need for booster doses and the benefits of mix-and-match vaccines, Metrolife sought to know the opinion of Bengaluru doctors. A leading virologist recommends booster shots for those above 60 and patients under treatment for cancer and organ transplant.
- Relief package announced for tourism, hospitality sectors in Karnataka
The government has decided to provide a one-time financial relief of ₹5,000 to every tourist guide registered with the Tourism Department. The State government on Thursday announced a slew of concessions and relief measures for hotels, resorts, restaurants, and amusement parks, including a 50% reduction in property tax.
- List of COVID vaccines that are said to be effective against the Delta variant
On Tuesday, the Centre declared the Delta Plus variant as a ‘variant of concern’ (VoC), stating three key characteristics i.e. increased transmissibility, stronger binding to receptors of lung cells, and potential reduction in monoclonal antibody response
- Single dose of Pfizer, AstraZeneca Covid vaccine offers 60% protection for the elderly: Lancet study
A single dose of Pfizer or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine offers around 60% protection against infection from SARS-CoV-2 in adults aged 65 years and above, according to a study published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.
- Bengaluru hospitals see multiple cases of mucor in lungs
While mucormycosis, the fungal infection prolonging the hospital stay of some patients who have recovered from Covid-19, is usually detected in the brain, nasal cavity and eyes, doctors are now finding it in the lungs of some patients.
- Coronavirus live updates: India’s active caseload falls below 7 lakh
India reports 51,667 Covid cases, 1,329 deaths in the last 24 hours. Reflecting the declining trend of Covid-19 deaths in the country, the nationwide daily toll from the virus stayed below 1,000 for the third time in the past four days.