BANGALORE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORT CORPORATION
In view of the weekend curfew in the State to combat the spread of COVID-19 as per the Government Order dated 4-1-2022, BMTC bus services to general public are suspended on Saturdays and Sundays (8/9th January and 15/16th January).
However, as per orders of the Government, BMTC will operate Essential services for personnel engaged in essential services and exempted activities during these days as detailed, below.
- Operation of 10% Essential Services in Bangalore city excluding containment zones.
- Essential services will be operated between 06:00 hours to 22:00 hours.
Important Note :
Photo Identity card is mandatory for below passengers. General public are not allowed.
- Officials and staff employed in State Govt. / Central Govt., Public Sector undertakings, Autonomous Boards/Corporations, all types of Courts.
- Police, Home guards, Civil Defense, Fire & Emergency service personnel
- Officials and staff employed in both Government and Private Hospitals, Laboratories, Diagnostic centers like Doctors, Nurse, paramedics, ASHA workers, medical technicians etc.
- Patients and their attendants visiting hospitals, laboratories for medical treatment
- Officials and staff employed in both Government and private Banks/ Insurance companies.
- Employees working in print and electronic media.
- Long distance Bus/Railway/Airport passengers along with their bus / railway / air ticket and I.D. proof.
- Students attending examination along with their hall ticket.
- Employees working in exempted industries / establishments as per Govt. order.